This vegan take on a classic is chunky, tangy and absolutely delicious!
If you could choose two foods to eat exclusively for the rest of your life, what would they be? If you’re anything like me, the answer is a no-brainer: avocado and potatoes – duh! A match made in plant-based culinary heaven.
I through this recipe together on a whim. I had a bunch of ripe avocados in my fridge and thought that this was the perfect way to utilise them. The next big question was “now what can I use as a vessel to transport this green, mushy liquid gold to my mouth?”. The answer was obvious: oil-free crispy potato chips.
The best part about this (apart from how EPIC it tastes) is that if you plan on making this, all you need is a handful of simple ingredients. And to top it off it’s totally guilt-free just in case, you know, you end up eating the entire thing by yourself.
All of the ingredients used are healthy and provide nutritious benefits:
- Avocado; providing healthy fat
- Garlic; containing antioxidants
- Red onion; a source of Vitamin C
- Sun-dried tomatoes; a source of Vitamin C, K and other antioxidants
- Lime juice; a source of Vitamin C
Have I sold you on trying this out yet? Check out the recipe below… you won’t be disappointed. Trust me. 🙂
- 1 avocado
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 25g sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 pinches chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the avocado in a bowl using a fork.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix together until smooth.
- Serve immediately.